Bearded dragons are native to Australia’s hot arid desert. So, it is natural that these dragons enjoy good sunlight. And for that, you’ll need to take your bearded dragon outside as often as you can.
However, that brings a problem. Bearded dragons are very small in size and vulnterable. So, it is quite easy for them to get lost or attacked by other animal or pet, such as cats or dogs. But there’s a solution to this problem.
And the solution is, outdoor playpen! You can easily carry your beardie in an outdoor playpen. This way, the bearded dargon will stay safe, secured and can enjoy the outside environment with you. But, what is the best and most secured outdoor playpen for bearded dragon?
According to my opinion, the most secured outdoor playpen I’ve found for bearded dragon is the 48 inch portable playpen from ESK Collection. It provides ample space for the dragon to move around, the meshed area gives a great climbing experience. Moreover, the playpen is highly portable.
However, you may wonder, why am I recommending a playpen for dogs/cats? It’s because, I’ve found some issues with the traditional bearded dragon playpens available on amazon. Let’s take a loot at the issues in detail:
What’s The Problem With Traditional Bearded Dragon Playpens?
The most irritating problem I’ve found with tradtional bearded dragon playpens is, most of them come open top. It means, the top of the playpen is completely open. I think it leaves the bearded dragon at a great danger!
- In most cases, the beardie will be able to climb up the meshed sides and get out of the playpen. So, if you are busy with other works, there are high chances your bearded dragon will be able to escape from the playpen.
- Other animals, birds can sweep down and attack with ease. There is nothing protecting the bearded dragon from side or above.
For these reasons, I don’t think a traditional bearded dragon playpen is suitable for a bearded dragon. And that’s the reason I am recommending a secured dog/cat playpen for your bearded dragon.
Portable Playpen From ESK Collection (48 Inch)
The thing I most love about this playpen is the security. The playpen is closed from all sides and top with a meshed area. This ensures the bearded dragon can’t escape and is safe from all sides.
The meshed area provides a great climbing experience for the bearded dragon. Also, you can easily keep an eye on the dragon through the meshed area.
Let’s take a loot at the dimensions:
As the playpen comes in an octagon shape, measuring the dimensions can get a bit tricky. Let me explain:
- If you measure from corner to corner, the dimension will be 48″
- Measuring from the straight side across, you’ll get a 45″ dimension
- The floor to the top edge measures 25″
- Approximately 36″ x 30″ x 3 when folded
Features & Benefits
- Enough space for a bearded dragon
- Comes with a carry bag
- As the playpen has a closed top, the bearded dragon will be perfectly safe
- Side meshed area provides a entertaining climbing exercise for the beardie
- Very user-friendly. Can be set up withing a few seconds.
- The included travel tote makes the playpen quite portable for trips
- I really love the side storage compartments as they are very useful for storing your beardie’s eseentials such as foods, bowls, water bottle, etc.
- Removable bottom makes the playpen easy to wash
- Provides a shaded area if your beardie wants to cool off
Things I Don’t Like
- Some users complained about the zippers being a little weak
- Some users found the folding technique a bit confusing
So, if you are looking for a good bearded dragon playpen, my recommendation will be the Portable Playpen from ESK Collection. And the price tag is not too hefty either.
If you are interested to know about the latest price, click here to check on Amazon.